NIMAS Master is a platform to produce accessible formats of your instructional materials and published titles. It does it in a hybrid human and automated wortkflow.
- Source files (PDF) of your printed instructional materials are processed to extract its content
- The content so extracted is curated for further processing by the NIMAS Master
- Image descriptors are manually authored to explain about an image to a visually disabled student
- Mathematical expressions, equations and Scientific notations are converted to MathML
- Spoken Maths decsriptors are generated to express a mathematical expression in speech
- The curated content is uploaded to a powerful processor to automatically convert it to a future-proof interim format, called DocBook XML
- The structured content in the DocBook XML format is then processed by the NIMAS Master automatic conversion engine to produce multiple format outputs:
- The output format(s) undergoes a stringent Quality Assurance process
- NIMAS Fileset is validated using the NIMAC Validation Tool
- Output formats are viewed/ played using accessible player software and tools
- NIMAS fileset so produced and tested for best quality is uploaded to the NIMAC portal
- NIMAS Master warranties any technical errors till your digital instructional materials are duly certified
Once certified, authorized users can access K-12 NIMAS-format files on the NIMAC portal that can then be converted to accessible content for students with disabilities.