What level(s) of navigation are possible?
The following levels of navigation are possible in a NIMAS file:
Normally, we do no markup at the paragraph level. DTB Player automatically reads NIMAS files paragraph-wise/ scentence-wise.
How will you deliver the NIMAS Fileset?
We can agree upon on one of these distribution mechanisms:
- Password-protected web site
- FTP or another similar protocol
- Google Drive
Normally, we upload directly to NIMAC Portal based on the access provided to us by a publisher. We undertake any modifications required in the submitted files till a certification has been awarded by NIMAC.
How do you convert our source files to NIMAS?
In case you missed it, you can see the process here. To summarise:
- Source files are delivered to us through FTP / Hightail / Google Drive
- Our Production Team reviews and revert if any further details are required
- Note: Print ISBN is used for the NIMAS Filesets while submitting to the NIMAC; in case if the publication has an ISSN, unique ISBNs are requested from the publisher
- NIMAS Filesets are validated using the NIMAC Validation Wizard
- NIMAS Filsets are uploaded to the NIMAC portal
- Follow-up at the NIMAC Portal for status, and in case any gaps are discovered, we update and upload the fresh fileset to the NIMAC portal
- NIMAC approves and certifies the title
Do you accept source files in PDF format?
Yes, we do. We can convert PDF to NIMAS-Conformant Content (XML). We accept the following kinds of PDF files:
- Tagged PDF (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA, PDF/UA)
- Untagged PDF
- Text-based PDF
- Scanned/ Image-based PDF
My source file is not a PDF, can you accept it?
We most probably might. We accept the output formats of the most major word-editing / word-processing / design software applications. We accept the following formats for source materials:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe PDF
- Microsoft Word
- OpenOffice Writer
- Hard Copy (Print)
- HTML/ XHTML/ XML
Can I send you the print book?
Yes, you can. Please get in touch with us.
Can you do Large Print?
Yes, we can do Large Print. We can convert any NIMAS-Conformant Source Files to Large Print.
- Addition of Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) to XML content that validates to the NIMAS Document Type Definition (DTD)
- Preparation of Hard copy (print) books
Can you do Rich Text-Based Content?
Yup. We can convert NIMAS-Conformant Source Files to Rich Text-Based Content. This is what you can get:
- EPUB 3
- Interactive EPUB
- Interactive Quizzes embedded in EPUB
- IMS-compliant Common Cartridge Learning Objects
- IMS-compliant QTI based Questions and Tests
- Aligning Academic Content to the Core Standards/ State Standards
- Developing Competency Based Content for any academic level
Can you do Text-to-Speach?
Yes, we can. We can convert NIMAS-Conformant Source Files to Text-to-Speech-Based Content. This is what you can get:
- DAISY 2.02 content
- Z39.86-2002 content
- Z39.86-2005 content
- ePUB2 content
- ePUB3 content
- iBook content
- MathML2 content
- MathML3 content
- A basic playlist divided into chapters
- Other: DTB – DAISY Digital Talking Book
Quality Par Excellence
Barcelona Publishers depends exclusively on DMI to meet all of it's digitisation needs... The conversions have been impeccable and reliably done, with careful attention paid to minutest of details...
Dr. Kenneth Bruscia for Temple University, USA
Get a Quote
We have an immense experience in the educational publishing space. We have devised innovative solutions to accessible educational publishing, thus, addressing disabilities, curriculum & assessment alignment to competencies & learning standards, and leveraging technology for an equitable quality education. Please contact us to discuss more about your requirements. We appreciate a typical sample of your instructional materials sent to us for a review and an accurate estimate of pricing.